Sun City Anthem

Saturday, June 20, 2015

A Moment in Time...to remember...Father's Day

Remembering Dad
Through an Old Television Show
 
It's Father's Day...and...to honor dads everywhere, I took a page from a old song written by Barry Mann and his wife, Cynthia Weil, a half century ago.
 
 
The day:
 
October 25, 1962
 
The place:
 
The Donna Reed Show
 
...and...
 
THE MOMENT...
 
I will never forget....that has reminded me of my father ever since....
 
Jeff Stone (Paul Peterson)... 
 

...singing a song to his dad, Dr. Alex Stone (Carl Betz)...
 

  
So let's go back some 52 years ago to that October day and relive that moment....
 
 
The song....for all sons out there who had a father as wonderful as mine...
 
My Dad
 
He isn't much in the eyes of the world.
He'll never make history.

No, he isn't much in the eyes of the world,
But he is the world to me.

My dad, now here is a man.

To me he is everything strong;
No, he can't do wrong... my dad.

My dad, now he understands.

When I bring him troubles to share
Oh, he's always there...my dad.

When I was small I felt ten feet tall
When I walked by his side.

And everyone would say ...that's his son
And my heart would burst with pride.

My dad, oh I love him so.

And I only hope that some day
My own son will say
 
My dad ...now here is a man.


(I miss you, pop)
Dick

3 comments:

  1. From...Mary Lee Duley...to...Anthem Opinions

    Treasured memories!

    Happy Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Jill from Chicago...to...Anthem Opinions

    Perfect as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From George Jacobs of Cleveland, Ohio...to...Anthem Opinions

    I don't know how you do it but--- you are good!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete