Sun City Anthem

Monday, December 29, 2014

An Anthem Opinions Editorial



Winter is now here...the snows are falling...and recently we received a touching reminder that "winter"is more than just another season...it's the close to the end of 2014...and...

...yet another year in our "senior" lives" !

One of our readers sent us this moving commentary that we would like to share with you.

We hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Most importantly,  as we enter 2015, rather than viewing this with sadness, we want you to look at the "winter of your life" as a time of happiness by reflecting and smiling at the cherished memories that have been compiled over a lifetime...a lifetime that has allowed you to age like vintage wine...

...a lifetime that must enjoyed to the fullest because...Father Time.... is now your peer.

AND THEN IT WAS WINTER


Time has a way of moving quickly and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems that it was just yesterday that I was young, just married, and embarking on my new life with my mate.  Yet in a way, it seems like eons ago, and I wonder where all the years went.


I know that I lived them all....I have glimpses of how it was back then and of all my hopes and dreams.

But....here it is..."the winter of my life"...

...and it catches me by surprise. 

How...did I get here so fast?

Where did the years go....and when did my youth disappear?


I remember seeing older people through the years and thinking that "they" were years away from me...and that I couldn't imagine what it would be like to ever be that old !


But...here it is...it finally happened.  My friends are retired and getting grey....they somehow move slower than they used to....and I see an older person now.


Some are in better shape than me...others worse...but...I see the great change now...not like the ones I remember who were young and vibrant....but are NOW...like me....

...their age is beginning to show and we're now the older folks we thought we'd never be !


And how my lifestyle has changed....

Taking a nap is no longer a treat...it's mandatory...because....if I don't...I just seem to fall asleep where I sit !

And so...now I enter into this new season of my life unprepared for all the aches and pains and the loss of strength and ability to and do things that I wish I had done....BUT NEVER DID !



But...at least I know, that though the "winter has come", and I'm not sure how long it will last....

...this I know !

That when it's over on this earth...it's not OVER !

A new adventure will begin !


Yes....I have regrets !  There are things I did that I wish I had never done....
...but indeed...there are tons of things that I did...and am happy to have 
done them !

I guess it's all in a lifetime.

So...if you're not in the "winter" yet...or you believe you aren't, but that mirror tells you otherwise....it comes faster than you think !

Whatever you would like to accomplish in your life...do it quick !

Don't put things off too long.

Life goes by SO QUICKLY....so....do what you can TODAY, as you can never be sure whether it's your last "winter".


You have no promise that you will see all the seasons of life in the coming years...so live for today....

...and....say all the things that you want your loved ones to know and hear...NOW....and hope that they appreciate and love you for all things that you have done for them in years past.

"Life"...is a gift to you


The way you live your life...is the gift to those who come after.  Make if a fantastic one.
Live it well
Enjoy Today
Do Something Fun
Be Happy

Let's conclude this "opinion" by enjoying a look at life though song.

Happy New Year...and make sure you have...a

Happy Winter


No comments:

Post a Comment