Sun City Anthem

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Just for the Guys....Let Us Entertain You

The Search for the Perfect
Valentine's Day Card

printable_Valentines_Greeting_Cards_and_Handmade_Valentine_Card_Designs-4.jpg (3300×2194)

Like most husbands (whether or not they are willing to admit it), my Valentine's Day planning normally commences on the afternoon of February 13th, when panic strikes and I quickly realize....

What do I do this year?

...but in 2017, this would be different...I would "do the deed" early, so as to avoid the male rush on the 13th.

While sneaking through the candy aisle....

...that location committed to memory by men, but women consider a felony...

... I thought,  let's get this done now !

I was on a quest to find..."the perfect Valentine's Day card" for that woman who often reminds me that she has given me the best of her last 30+ years !

OK....off I went on my quest, only to find others, obviously in a similar situation...actually 3 of us, all searching through that massive display of cards.....
oldman.jpg (800×775)

... while noticing a woman "snickering" !

pretty-aged-woman-pointing-something-lady-towards-copy-space-area-33593166.jpg (240×160)

She didn't have to say a single world...all she did was POINT...

...straight at the Valentine's Day Card display !



She knew what we were after !

As the 3 of us guys searched through the "mountain" of cards, we would constantly look at each other in bewilderment...getting frustrated with each passing moment.

Is this the right one?

Is that the right one?

We even started to ask each other....why are we subjecting ourselves to this annual (deleted expletive)?

And then it happened....

Up stepped another woman....who overheard our "frustrations"...and she too expressed her opinion...saying....

"Because for everything that woman probably has done for each of you over the years, my guess is, she deserves a lot more than you boneheads standing around complaining about a card"

As she preceded down the aisle...she too...with somewhat of a different attitude...


...POINTED at the cards !

angry+face+girl+(3).jpg (401×299)

That was it...all 3 of us looked at each other and one guy said...

"Let's get this done already. This is a concealed carry state and she's watching us!"

We even began choosing cards, asking each other for an opinion.

While 2 of us chose humorous cards, one guy went rogue...he "went romantic". 

We looked at him and in guilt, thought we better "go romantic" too....

...until he admitted...

He wasn't married...that it was for his 3 month girlfriend.

Needless to say, the other guy and I went back to the "humorous" option !

Does the story end there ? 

Hell no...

As I was at the check-out line, who do I run into? 

You guessed it !

"Pistol Packin'Annie" herself.
angry+face+girl+(3).jpg (401×299)

"Show me the card", she demanded. 

I couldn't do it...

I knew..she knew...something wasn't right....

...and I once again, got..."that look" ....and "that thought"... about Nevada being a concealed carry state !

So what does any intelligent man do when confronted with "shopping rage?"

You promptly leave the check-out line and travel back to the display for the "romantic" option...

...and...the flower department as well !

(just in case "Annie" was lying in wait )

roses-bouquet-00452.jpg (1920×1285)

So...thanks "Annie"....you made me realize "the evil of my ways"...

And...to that wonderful woman who has given me over 30 years of her life...

Thank you...

thankyou.gif (1081×1006)

...for the smiles, the humor, the putting up with a guy who has adored you for all those years, but never seems to say it enough.

I'd like to take a line from one of my favorite movies of all time...

...perhaps quite applicable to this true tale...

5fade1fbf3ca45091c544aa48ab2d235.jpg (640×480)

... starring Errol Flynn and Olivia DeHavilland.

It's the story of General George Armstrong Custer. 

As he was leaving for his last battle, he looked at his wife, Libby, and said to her...

"Walking through life with you ma'am, has been a very gracious thing"

And to you Mrs. Arendt...

I couldn't imagine a more pleasant journey.

PS...

What time is dinner going to be ready?

  1. From Mary Jannell...to...Anthem Opinions

    Ha ha. Loved it.
  2. From Sarelle Povitsky of Solera...to...Anthem Opinions

    Very very cute!
  3. From Cary Chubin of Ft. Lauderdale, FL...to...Anthem Opinions

    The usual well written story. The truth hurt...

    After my wife read it, she hurt ME.
  4. From Mary Lee Duley...to...Anthem Opinions

    Life is a gracious thing!!
  5. From Margie McKee of Grayslake, IL...to...Anthem Opinions

    That old evil eye will get you every time.

    Glad you are happy and can still joke about it.
  6. From Linda Dawson...to...Anthem Opinions

    Oh boy! I'd like to say Marla is one lucky woman! But I know you too well!

    LOL

6 comments:


  1. From Mary Janell...to...Anthem Opinions

    Ha ha. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Sarelle Povitsky of Solera...to...Anthem Opinions

    Very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Cary Chubin of Ft. Lauderdale, FL...to...Anthem Opinions

    The usual well written story. The truth hurt...

    After my wife read it, she hurt ME.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Mary Lee Duley...to...Anthem Opinions

    Life is a gracious thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From Margie McKee of Grayslake, IL...to...Anthem Opinions

    That old evil eye will get you every time.

    Glad you are happy and can still joke about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From Linda Dawson...to...Anthem Opinions

    Oh boy! I'd like to say Marla is one lucky woman! But I know you too well!

    LOL

    ReplyDelete