Sun City Anthem

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Anthem Today Owner Opens Up on Recent NRED Decisions

With permission, Anthem Opinions is pleased to reprint this recent article published on the Anthem Today Sun City Anthem Community blog.
What Will $90,000 Buy?

 
by
Rana Goodman
Anthem Today

That was approximately the cost quoted to the community just after the recent recall effort of several members of the SCA board of directors.

 I would like to look at the process, some of the inner happenings and the aftermath from what some may call a cynical view point, but having taken a small part… I prefer to call it a “birds eye view”.

 Early in the process word came from the accounting firm that there were not sufficient “valid resident votes against board member Bob Burch for him to be considered in the recall

I was very curious as to what made those votes invalid. 

The claim was they were not property owners in Sun City Anthem.(SCA).

I reached out to the resident who had requested the list of names rejected and asked for a copy, then took the list and sat with my coffee and pulled up the Clark County Assessor web site.

 After completing the first fifty-five names on the list and finding that fifty, yes, 50 out of the 55 were indeed owners in SCA, I found no need to search further.

I felt I had proven my point; the accounting firm had not done this part of the job as a fiduciary would.

I have worked with the Real Estate Division, known as NRED for many years since I am on the board of a non-profit group called NV. Homeowner Alliance

NRED is a government agency, or watchdog if you will, that oversees real estate agents and has a division that is supposed to assist and watch over HOAs. 

Our alliance was formed to help residents of HOAs with navigation of Nevada Revised Statutes and assist them with completing forms with NRED.

 That said, it was the most logical next step for me to pick up the phone and ask the new Ombudsman, Mr. Foger,  if I should file a complaint regarding the issues I felt were so very wrong with this recall effort; problems starting with the way Nona Tobin was tossed off the board, to this problem with the names I had in my possession.

 I was advised to go forward which I did as did several other SCA residents.

Suffice to say I was very pleased the day of the recall ballot count to see Mr. Foger at Anthem Center along with an investigator. 

That pleasure didn’t last long however, when I noticed our SCA board attorney, Adam Clarkson, who in my opinion seeming to get very buddy, buddy with our ombudsman. 

Mr. Foger had told me just a few days before that “he never wanted it to appear there was any relationship between him and any individual over another.” 

Well what started to happen next certainly began to look that way.

Notifications started coming that complaints that had been filed by several residents of SCA were all deemed “DENIED by NRED no reason

Others, like the one I had supplied 50 names that were bona fide owners, have gone completely unacknowledged since August 2017.

It is now February 2018.

 Is it interference by Adam Clarkson? 

You be the judge.

All I do know is that Clarkson is the incoming president of the Nevada chapter of Community Association Institute, (CAI) the largest lobby group for community living in the United states

90% of HOA boards are pressured (or convinced they should belong to this group “for the good of their community”

(During the five years I was president of the board of Whitney Ranch we did not belong and we had the most “resident friendly” community in the valley)……

 What I DO know is that there are many injustices in this world and it would be nice just to be able to fix a few of what is wrong with our tiny corner of it here in Sun City Anthem. 

I, like most of you, LOVE this community BUT I have some big concerns with the controlling leadership of it

I believe that some 90% of us came here to retire in peace and harmony, yet it seems to have that peace, we have to live outside of the recreation and amenities that are part and parcel of what SCA is all about,  and that hardly seems fair.

 If you don’t understand my meaning, when you have time for a little heavy reading take a look at the community lifestyle’s CCG&Rs sometime…..


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 sometime Got a comment?

Send it to us at:
  1. so, now we know where we stand with all these "officials"...time to handle complaints the 'old fashion way'???

    Obviously the Bureaucrats suffer from some type of Testicular Atrophy OR are receiving some type of "ancillary income supplementation"....either way it's time we take the bull by the horns


1 comment:

  1. so, now we know where we stand with all these "officials"...time to handle complaints the 'old fashion way'???

    Obviously the Bureaucrats suffer from some type of Testicular Atrophy OR are receiving some type of "ancillary income supplementation"....either way it's time we take the bull by the horns

    ReplyDelete