Sun City Anthem

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Let Us Enertain You



The Painters Finally Showed Up...
to Paint Half the Fence

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote an article about not getting my fence painted after sending the association the $45 fee in June, 2012.

I know it's not a lot of money, but I was assured I would still get my money's worth....and as of this writing, it looks like that's exactly what I got.....my money's worth.

Well....they finally showed up yesterday...at about 3:30pm...to start the painting.

While I expected this.....
I ended up getting this....


No Notice
No knock on the door
Just two guys with paint cans and brushes.

I couldn't understand these "unannounced" individuals not even giving me the benefit of a phone call, but worse than that, I pondered...

Are they supposed to paint when the temperatures went below 50 degrees?

It might have been above 50 at 3:30pm, but what about 1:00am ?
Therefore, I just watched the painting commence....


...until approximately 3:45pm when the foreman showed up, obviously discussing the day's stock market reports, because they weren't painting the fence !

At 4:00pm...the fireworks commenced !

With just half the fence painted...they decided to leave, obviously tired, having put in a tough day in the heat.


I waited seven months to get half my fence painted. Was I going to have to wait another seven months for the other half ???

Almost crashing through the back sliding door, I confronted the foreman and said....

"Woah boys...you can't leave this place looking like hillbilly heaven."

"My name isn't Jethro, and my wife not Ellie Mae, and I can assure you, if Granny were still alive, she'd have confused you with opossum and dealt with you accordingly."

After a strange look, he pulled out a map of Sun City Anthem and told me that the place was so big, it would take time to finish it.

I didn't really care how big the place is, I know it's big, but what does that have to do with the other half of the fence ?

"But....if you knew you couldn't finish it, why did you start it?"

Again....with the map showing me how big our community is !

Finally coming to the conclusion that Jed Clampett was an unknown in Mexico, and that he had no idea as to what I was referring to,  I shook my head, went into my home, and as he left, I displayed this sign to his truck.
MY MAP IS ONLY HALF DONE.

Then....from a home who I believe was my neighbor Peter, all I could hear was......

Well, tomorrow is another day,and my fence hopefully will be finished (if it doesn't peel due to the cold).

I called Board Director, Bella Meese, and Bella was as pleasant as she always has been to me.  Hopefully, the moral of this story will be to give even greater scrutiny to awarding various contracts.

The culprit here is the guy who hired this firm, not the board, but at the same time, it certainly gives credence to closely examining the management company who did, and not hesitating....

...TO PLACE THE MANAGEMENT CONTRACT OUT TO COMPETITIVE BID at the earliest opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting experience with the fence painters, one to paint and one to enjoy the view and chat! Hmmmm! Yep, large community, large map...duh!


    For what it's worth, IF you have the cracks in the stucco and Pulte has scheduled the work, they do an outstanding job and I have nothing but great kudos for Jesse Galvez, the customer service rep in charge. They finished our job yesterday and when Jesse inspected it, he saw a few "little" areas he didn't like so rescheduled them to return and correct these. He called this AM and said it was sprinkling so they would not return this morning and would wait for better weather conditions. THere are around 3,500 houses that have the hairline cracks that have to be repaired, huge job, so he hopes folks exercise "patience" during the process.

    ReplyDelete