Sun City Anthem

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Medicare Callers...Beware...It's a Scam

Another Scam Alert

We've asked all of you to keep us on top of problems you may have incurred as well as any scams, and now it appears we have another one to watch for.



Our thanks to Fran Regan for his calling this to our attention.

According to Fran:

"Today I received a phone call that the individual tried to state he was from Medicare and they were issuing new cards to individuals. He had my correct name,address,city ,zip code and that I bank at Bank of America.

He said he was going to read me my bank routing number and other information regarding my Social Security number and he wanted me to verify this information.
I told him I do not give that kind of information out over the phone.

I asked him to give me his phone number and I would call him back. He said he could  not do that but after I verified the information he would have his supervisor call me and give me his phone number.

I said-again that I do not give that kind of information out over the phone.
He then threatened me, saying that he would have me discontinued from Medicare.
I am only writing this to so you can inform the community that these phone call are being made to seniors, and Medicare does not call anyone to obtain this kind of information."

Thank you.

Fran Regan
 
_________________________________________________________________

No Fran...

Thank you.
_________________________________________________________________

Anyone else incurring any suspicious activity that our neighbors should be aware of ?????

Send us an email at :

...and we'll get to it ASAP !

1 comment:

  1. Oops !

    I want to publicly apologize to Fran Regan for refering to "him" as a "her".

    We've corrected the article, and hope you'll forgive us.

    I perfect example of "assuming" something.

    Sorry Fran, won't happen again.

    ReplyDelete