Sun City Anthem

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another Bogus Email

They Tried to Scam Me Again...Beware of this one !

Scam #1 (How I Almost Got Duped) was posted on Saturday July 13th and sent via text message. I must be on the list of easy marks because I continually get the following scam by email.

Our objective is to make you familiar with scams.  Learn to recognize them quickly so you do not become the target of dishonest people trying to get your money.

Here is what I got today.

Note there was no delivery attempt. They merely want you to respond and give them information to DUPE you, and most likely will transfer a virus to you. 

If you identify other scams, please send them to us to share with our readers or just add them on the comment page.  An educated consumer is the best protection that we have.

Don't be a victim.


Allen Weintraub


2 comments:

  1. I was scammed by phone and computer on July 16th, 2013. The caller said that he was from “WINDOWS” and that they detected a very harmful virus on my computer that was slowly destroying all of my programs.

    They were on my computer and talked with me for at least one hour and fifteen minutes. Then they started offering different packages for tech support ranging from $259 down to a Senior rate of $76.95.

    I won’t go into the whole story, however, I contacted the Investigative Reporter at Channel 13 so that other seniors will be aware of this scam.

    Channel 13 is planning to do an interview with me regarding this problem.

    I just want to get the word out to as many people as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, thanks for pointing this out to our readers.

      I've heard about this one as well, and Dick has been told of this by some of our other readers as well.

      Anyone out there have more information on this?

      Janet, please let us know about the Channel 13 report.

      If it's Darcy Spears who you will be seeing, she's the best.

      Please...keep in contact and give us all the info.

      Thanks.

      Delete